Saturday 14 July 2012

The Beautiful Jess.


Good morning and welcome to a super quick post this fine morning. And when I say fine I do actually mean it today because it is not raining. Wait for it – not only is it not raining, it is SUNNY! For those of you waking up to a little sun in the UK this morning you can heave a sigh of relief that at least for one day the flood warnings wont be sounding. For those of you that don't live in the UK we have had rain for forever and so much in one go that it has flooded many places. Even in my small town parts of the roads have sunk! But we are not going to think about that today, as I say the sun is out, it is a fine day and I thought I would share with you The Beautiful Jess.

This photo shoot was undertaken months ago but Hubby had decided that not a single picture from this shoot was good enough to be viewed by the public. He had decided this without letting me see any of said pictures so I could not have an opinion on the subject. So after some incessant pushing and general wife wearing down Hubby gave in and VoilĂ . 


 

I have to say this is not the first time that I have had no clue what Hubby has been going on about. I personally love this picture – yes I may be a little biased because I love Jess ;0) but I think this is beautiful. Of course I did the make-up, otherwise why would it be on my blog – that would make no sense lol. But this time I did a little something extra and had a go at doing hair as well. Now I am by no means a hair stylist, I actually get my own hair cut short because I am so rubbish with hair! So I bit the bullet and gave it a whirl. As you can see I only curled it with some curling tongues but I really do like it. Jess has the most gorgeous fiery red hair anyway so that helped a lot.

As well as the hair and the make-up I also painted the nails. I wanted to give the effect of leaves on the nail so I used a matt green base and a nail art pen with a striper in gold to do the veins. I didn't want them to look too uniform (I am a sucker for symmetry so this was really hard for me) so I varied the thickness and position of the stripes for each nail and I really do like the effect.

As for the make-up I am really sorry that I don't have a run down of the products used for this one. As I say I thought this shoot was never going to be shown so I didn't keep a list of the products and it was shot so long ago I cant really remember what I used. I could take a guess but I feel that wouldn't be much help to any one, but what I can say for definite is the super full-on, amazing lashes are from Stargazer and they are the Feathered Eyelashes in 54. I had been dying to use these beauties and they were everything I wanted them to be. They are immense!

I think as a whole doing the make-up, hair and nails has given the photo a more rounded feel. I think this is the most complete picture I have done so far and I think I would go as far as to say that it's my favourite.

Big thanks has to Jess as always, for just being plain beautiful and a big WOOP to the Hubster for taking a stunning picture (cant believe you weren't going to show these, you should listen to me more often lol).

Hope you have enjoyed and I will see you again soon.

Stacey x x

No comments:

Post a Comment